Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Front Hall

We rarely use the front door, so coming-in clutter like shoes, keys, change and jackets are not an issue here - meaning I can make it as pretty as I want!


The newest addition is this old curved top mirror with a beautiful creamy, chippy frame. I've been wanting a full length mirror in the house since we moved in, and when I spotted this one at a local antique mall, I was smitten. When I saw the $20 price tag, I was sold!



A few of my favorite garden touches - topiaries and cast iron urns.


I love that the mirror reflects my shelves of antique ironstone and terra cotta pots. My tiny little nook of a front hall now seems to go on forever, perfectly furnished.


I hung this pair of collapsable antique wire egg baskets on the wall in front of the hall. Flattened like this, I think they look a little like wire flowers - a perfect vintage garden touch!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty and inviting! MAKES YOU WANT to come in the front door occasionally,huh?

    I personally like the light and dark contrast of the urns and lower basket against the creamy bench and walls. So pretty.
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Ellie!
    I love the bench and all the wire stuff ...also the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so wonderful. I've just discovered a love of the wire baskets. I love that they flatten out to look like a flower. So fun and so very lovely for Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...