Saturday, January 28, 2012

French Enamel Salt Box


I love when I come across French antiques... It doesn't happen terribly often shopping mostly in Nebraska and Ohio, and my heart always pitter-pats when I see something like this - a white enamel wall-mount salt box with word "Sel" on the front. I found it at a little antique store in Ohio, and I loved the beautiful blue French writing and the worn spots where the dark metal was showing through underneath. And the best part about finding a treasure like this in a small, local, down-to-earth antique shop is that the price is usually down-to-earth as well. :) You may have to search a little harder, but it just makes the reward that much sweeter!



6 comments:

  1. My gosh ~ what a wonderful treasure. This "sel" box is surely a beauty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little salt box... and the story of the hunt! That makes it exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful. One day perhaps I may find something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love your blog. At 52 with a full time life running our farm, caring for grandkids and livestock I never feel I have the time to do pretty things in my home. THEN I read your blog and I am motivated. I amy even post about my motivation ver soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from White Wednesday. I think this is my first time here. Love your style and am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these vintage salt boxes ~ such a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...